Generously serves 6
Prep time: 15 minutes
Baking time: 25 minutes
Equipment: Square baking tin
60g lactose-free butter
1 cup dairy-free alternative milk (preferably oat)
20g gluten-free yeast
50g feta, cubed
5 sprigs of spring onion, green tops only, finely chopped
5 tbsp. pickled jalapeño rings
1 tsp. cumin
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC fan. Base the baking tin with oil or lactose-free butter until fully covered.
- In a saucepan, combine two thirds of the polenta, butter, milk and salt and stir on a low heat for 8-10 minutes, or until puffed and thickened.
- Meanwhile, whisk the eggs and remaining milk along with the yeast before adding the final third of the polenta. Slowly combine the pre-cooked polenta mixture into uncooked mixture.
- Add the cumin, spring onions, jalapeño rings and feta into the batter, stirring until well combined. Then pour into the pre-based baking tin to bake for 25 minutes, or until firm and golden.
- Leave to cool for 10 minutes before removing the corn bread from the baking tin.