Prep time: 35 minutes
60 ml oat milk
60 ml rapeseed oil
20 ml garlic oil
1 tsp. cider vinegar
1 tbsp. cornflour
3 tbsp. polenta
1 tsp. mustard
2 tsp. smoky paprika
½ tsp. crushed black pepper
½ tsp. salt
100g gluten-free breadcrumbs
5 tbsp. vegan American-style hot sauce (Frank’s Red Hot)
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC fan. Cut the broccoli into fairly large florets of about 3cm in width.
- Whisk the milk, rapeseed oil, vinegar, cornflour, polenta, mustard, smoky paprika, salt and pepper. This will form a thick batter for each floret to be individually covered in. Once coated, ensure to work the thick batter into the crevices of the floret and to scrape off any excess.
- In a separate bowl, place 100g of gluten-free breadcrumbs, dipping each floret into the bowl to be coated all over. Then place the coated floret on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Repeat this process with the rest of the battered florets.
- Liberally drizzle garlic oil on top of the battered and coated florets before placing in the oven to cook for 10 minutes. Using tongs, turn over the florets to bake for an additional 10 minutes and liberally drizzle the hot sauce on top.
- Once tender and crispy, leave the broccoli wings to cool for 5 minutes before serving.