Makes approximately 8 portions
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
300g gluten free rolled oats
2 tbsp. corn oil
1 heaped tbsp. golden syrup
3 tbsp. maple syrup
20g flax seeds
20g pumpkin seeds
30g roughly chopped hazelnuts
1 tsp. vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
Large flat baking tray
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC fan. In a large mixing bowl, combine the gluten free oats with the corn oil, golden syrup and maple syrup. Ensure that all the oats are well combined.
- Add all the seeds and nuts along with the vanilla.
- Line the flat baking tray with parchment paper and evenly spread out the mixture.
- Bake for 15 minutes before taking out the tray from the oven and flipping over the granola to bake evenly on the other side. Bake again for an additional 10 minutes until the granola is golden brown.
- Leave the granola to cool aside for half an hour before breaking into small chunks. Store in an air tight container to keep fresh.