Prep time: 15 minutes
Baking time: 50 minutes
One cup of gluten-free self-raising flour
Half a cup of butter (at room temperature)
Half a cup of caster sugar
Two very ripe bananas
¼ tsp of xanthan gum
½ tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
Rectangular loaf tin
Three mixing bowls
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (fan). Start by mashing the two very ripe bananas in a separate bowl. In another bowl, add the sugar and butter and whisk until creamed.
- Add the two eggs in with the creamed sugar and butter and whisk again. Fold in the mashed bananas into the mixture.
- In a separate bowl, combine the gluten-free self-raising flour with the baking powder, xanthan gum and cinnamon, before sieving this into the wet mixture in three goes.
- Once all whisked, add vanilla and fold again before pouring into a greased loaf tin.
- Bake for 35 minutes at 180ºC, reducing the temperature to 145ºC for the remaining 20 minutes.
- Once baked, leave to cool on a rack for 10 minutes before serving.